Wednesday 17 October 2012

Day 6

Last night I put Arnica gel on my face before I went to sleep to try and help with the swelling, but I found it actually made my face feel more tight!  It kind of dried to my face like a face mask and made it feel more tight and tingly, so I'm not sure whether to persist with it or not.  I found it quite hard getting to sleep last night but mainly just because I wasn't very tired, not because I was in pain or anything.

Today has been a good day.  I've finally got over the sickness because I've switched from taking liquid paracetamol and diclofenic to just normal paracetamol and ibuprofen.  These have been much kinder on my stomach, and now that I don't feel sick all the time I'm eating and drinking more.

Today I've had 2 new things to eat - Weetabix for breakfast and a boiled egg for lunch, with a whole slice of bread!  (Admittedly the crusts were cut off and I cut it into tiny squares but I still ate it!)

I'm generally feeling a lot better today - I don't feel sick, my jaws aren't too achey, and I'm becoming happier with my new face!

Here are my day 6 pictures... I feel like my nose looks more wonky in photos than it does in real life




This is my attempt at a smile!  My mum keeps telling me it's cute! 

I just wanted to quickly talk about three things I haven't touched on much so far...

Alignment

My bottom jaw is off to the left slightly, by a millimetre or so.  It's worse when my bands are off, but here's a picture of it when my bands are on.  You can see the middle band is not straight and this is because the midlines are off.  Should I be worried by this at this point?  The doctor said it can be fixed with elastics and I'm going to see my ortho tomorrow so hopefully she'll put my mind at rest.


Swelling

I feel like I'm still quite swollen and the doctor seemed to think so too.  I know it will go in time, but I just feel like I'm more swollen than most people at this stage.

Numbness

I've been so lucky with numbness.  Since I woke up from surgery I've had at least some feeling in all parts of my face.  The only part of me that's completely numb is the roof of my mouth and my top gums, but I can cope with that.  I've got tingly feeling all over my face, including both my lips, which I'm really pleased about :)

6 comments:

  1. Honestly, I don't think you are swollen much at all! Glad you're feeling better! Are you sleeping sitting up? I slept in the recliner for an entire month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I've been sleeping upright for the past week, but I think tonight I'm gonna try and lay back a little bit more.

      Delete
  2. Wow great results!! U are going to be one hot chick when the swelling is gone. Just wow! N I love ur picture when ur trying to smile. U look so sweet in it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog recently. Wishing you a speedy recovery! I think your smile is cute too. I hope your orthodontist can put your mind at ease about your midlines. Hopefully just the elastics can take care of it?! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! Yeah my ortho said that my midlines can be corrected with elastics and she didn't seem too concerned about it.

      Delete